Author: Monique Hanis Published: 7/14/2020
Business group CEO notes advanced energy has outpaced overall U.S. growth, employed 3.6 million workers across nation, and is poised to drive economic comeback
WASHINGTON, D.C., July 14, 2020 — Today, national business group Advanced Energy Economy (AEE) reacted to U.S. Presidential candidate Joe Biden’s call for a federal 100% clean energy standard among other policies in his proposed clean energy plan at an event in Delaware. Following statement is from AEE CEO Nat Kreamer:
“Advanced energy has exceeded overall U.S. economic growth over the past decade and is poised to drive our nation’s coronavirus comeback. With the support of federal policies like a 100% clean energy target and incentives for domestic manufacturing and electric vehicles, advanced energy, with 3.6 million U.S. workers going into the pandemic, can deliver a million more good-paying jobs, attract billions in private investment, expand domestic production, and improve our nation’s electric infrastructure.
“Let’s build back better with solar, wind, energy efficiency, energy storage, electric vehicles, and a modern power grid. We can do all this, reduce emissions, improve grid reliability and reduce customer costs for decades to come.”
- Joe Biden’s 11 am statement on “Clean Energy and Sustainable Infrastructure” is here.
- “At 3.6 Million Jobs in 2019, Advanced Energy Was Growing. Then the Pandemic Hit.” is here.
- “Before the Pandemic, Advanced Energy was Winning. Here’s What We Have to Do to Get Back in the Winner’s Circle.” is here.
- “5 Steps for States to Keep Advanced Energy Progress on Track” is here.
- “A Supply Chain is Growing for Electric Transportation. Here’s What It Could Do For One State.” is here.
- 2019 Advanced Energy Now Market Report